Monday, September 27, 2010

Viva La Revolucion!

I used to think that Classics was a really rigid subject. After all, we have all those scary sounding words like declensions, conjugations, supines (which is less scary and more hilarious), gerundives, etc. Then I came to law school and met a little friend called THE BLUEBOOK. Uniformity is great. Top notch. Tally ho. But it's stupid when Illinois can only be Ill and not IL, it borders on insanity when Second is not 2nd but 2d, yet Fourth is 4th and it plummets into black despair when whether or not a space is underlined is the determining factor between right and wrong.

Well I say cast off the shackles of citations! Let us rebel against the burdensome distinctions!

In the meantime, listen to this song, think of someone loved and lost and enjoy the fall.


Colder Weather
-Zac Brown Band

Well it's a winding road
When you're in the lost and found
You're a lover I'm a runner
We go 'round 'n 'round
And I love you but I leave you
I don't want you but I need you
You know it's you that calls me back here babe

Oh I wanna see you again
But I'm stuck in colder weather
Maybe tomorrow will be better
Can I call you then
Cause I'm a ramblin' man
I ain't ever gonna change
I got a gypsy soul
And, babe, I was born for leavin'
Born for leavin'

No comments:

Post a Comment