Thursday, July 22, 2010

Lasciate ogni speranza...

The two warnings for this blog are:

1.) Very little of it will be original writing. I am not so arrogant as to think I can better express philosophical thoughts than Plato or Aquinas, nor more beautiful poetry than Homer and Shakespeare, nor more raw emotion than Johnny Cash and Hank Williams. (But I am almost that arrogant.)

2.) I expect anyone who has stumbled upon this blog to be intelligent enough to understand my references or at least be able to perform a basic Google search.

Philosophy and Classical Studies are supposed to be confusing!

1 comment:

  1. We have very different philosophies so I'm not sure you want me here, being a thorn in your side. I've found that most people won't look up references and really don't like being confused. But at least we both like country music.

    ReplyDelete